Recently I’ve been checking out again how to integrate Ogre3D into a Qt application. My previous effort Cutexture can be found here, here and the code here. This was nice as a simple integration but didn’t use modern graphics systems as efficiently as it could.
Fortunately the people at Nokia (when they were still interested in Qt) did publish a demo application qmlogre here that integrates Ogre3D into a Qt Quick QML scene by having Ogre render into an OpenGL Frame Buffer Object (FBO) which is in turn added to the QML scene as a textured item. However, this demo was relying on internal Qt headers that are not supposed to be used in production projects.
With a helpful comment I found here, I was able to update the qmlogre example to no longer rely on those internal Qt headers and to build fine with the latest stable Qt 5.0.1. In the hope that others may find it useful, I’ve made the revised code available on my Github account at https://github.com/advancingu/QmlOgre
Let me know in the comments what you think.
Edit: Here is a video of the original qmlogre application.